Ron Sang

b. 1938d. 2021

Also known as:

  • Ronald Fong Sang

Ron Sang grew up in Fiji, migrating to New Zealand in 1957. He studied architecture at the University of Auckland, graduating in 1964.

He went into practice working for several firms before settling with Mark-Brown and Fairhead. Eventually he was made partner in the firm. He designed his most recognised building in 1976: the Brake House, Titirangi Auckland. In 1998 he moved into sole practice.

He was a firm supporter of New Zealand craft and art. He established his own publishing house which produced books on Len Castle, Michael Smither, John Drawbridge, Ralph Hōtere, Guy Ngan, Vincent Ward, Pat Hanly, Greer Twiss, Mervyn Williams and Robert Ellis.

See also obituary from Domion Post and wikipedia.