The Friends of Hunter Inc.
The Friends of the Hunter Inc. was formed in 1976 to campaign to save the Hunter Building on the Victoria University of Wellington, Kelburn Campus. The building was constructed between 1904 and 1906, with an extension completed in 1923.
"In 1974, the building was declared an earthquake risk, evacuated, and seemed destined for demolition. A group of determined alumni and friends formed the Friends of Hunter Society [sic.] to save the building, which was strengthened, refitted and reopened in 1993."
- Associated Artworks